The Researcher conducts basic theoretical & experimental scientific & technological investigation directed toward the acquisition of new knowledge. Works closely with business units to discover, develop, and deploy cutting-edge technologies. Areas of research possibly include oil spill response technologies, environmental genomics, remote sensing, air emissions monitoring, and acquisition of new knowledge.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Collaborates with other scientists & research technicians as a member of a cross functional team to create or utilize advanced techniques to discover, develop & deploy new technology
- Ensures successful project / program completion & implementation as defined by the research science leadership
- Provides timely & accurate information & status updates to research leadership
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- BS degree in Chemical Engineering, Environmental Engineering, Environmental Science, Marine Science, Molecular Ecology, Bioinformatics, Toxicology or a closely related field required
- Experience in laboratory work, analytical chemistry, and field sampling coordination, techniques and strategies
- Excellent numerical analysis skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- 1 to 10 years of related experience is required
Specific Job Requirements/Skills
Chemist (M.Sc. or B.Sc. preferred) with knowledge of organic/organometallic chemistry, ligand design, metal complexation, air-moisture sensitive techniques, application of NMR spectroscopy, and high throughput experimentation. The candidate should be capable of working independently in a drybox or using Schlenk line techniques, operating a polymerization reactor, and interfacing with advanced computer software. Participate in monthly group meetings and report out on programs. Strict adherence to safety practices is expected.