Job DescriptionNES Global Talent is a leading global technical recruitment company providing professional contract and permanent staff to a diverse world-wide client base within the oil & gas Industry. Our client, is currently seeking a Financial Analyst in Toronto, ON. The working schedule will be Monday-Friday, 40 hours/week.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Coordinate and prepare all information and data used in the preparation of the monthly balance sheet reconciliation. Investigate and analyze any significant variances noted
• Investigate and document reasons for material variances in inventory. Meet with Finance on a quarterly basis to present findings and provide explanations.
• Prepare and analyze the monthly inventory movement analysis for all EGD and contractor holding locations to assist with inventory planning. Facilitate meeting to discuss results and investigate/resolve issues identified.
• Perform all transactions related to our EA Partners in Oracle. Co-ordinate with various groups to solve discrepancies.
• Prepare, Coordinate and monitor key performance indicators. This includes preparing monthly/quarterly reports for management and analyzing any significant variances from target. Identify trends and potential violations, investigate and identify causes, and create remediation plan/resolve issues to ensure targets are met.
• Co-ordinate with the Planning , Engineering, Billing and IT to resolve issues of inventory items that have been rejected from invoicing
• Perform special assignments and ad hoc inventory investigations including updating Excel Macros, fulfilling audit requests, creating process flows and maintaining SharePoint website.
• Assist with Inventory counts. Analyze count results and investigate potential issues. Prepare/Complete the subsequent inventory reconciliation.
• Perform analysis to assess the adequacy of minimum and maximum inventory levels
• Perform analysis to identify back-order trends to help improve the minimum and maximum inventory levels required
MUST HAVE qualifications:
• University or College education, combined with previous related work experience (5 or more years).
• Proven analytical and problem solving skills.
• Reporting and budgeting experience, as well as experience in identifying discrepancies in a time-sensitive environment.
• Skilled and knowledgeable using MS Excel, MS Access, Microsoft Word, and working knowledge of Financial Accounting Systems such as SAP or Oracle.
• Ability to work independently.
NICE TO HAVE qualifications:
• Working knowledge of Oracle Financials.
• Knowledge of inventory management, natural gas operations, and/or finance/accounting.
• Demonstrated organizational skills, time management skills and prioritization skills
Job Reference #107546