Job DescriptionNES Global Talent is working closely with a Global Mining Client in Perth, Western Australia to identify a Senior Mechanical Engineer with mining materials handling experience in Australia.
Minimum 12 month contract with potential for an extension, the successful candidate will be based in Perth and work collaboratively within a project design team, and be involved in the mechanical engineering design for a number of mining projects and Clients in WA.
Your responsibilities in the role
- Providing Mechanical design and provision of information to the project design team
- Preparing and reviewing mechanical equipment specifications and data sheets
- Meeting and improving schedules, ensuring engineering deliverables quality, conformance to design, and adherence to specifications and standards
- Work with Contractor and other team members to review work packages developed by the Contractor are within scope and accurate, workable and economical
- Working within multidiscipline design team from concept through to implementation
- Mechanical Engineering Degree
- Min 8 years’ experience mining industry experience
- Previous Design Consultancy experience in Australia
- Must be able to travel as needed to support project activities
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and a practical approach to resolving engineering problems
We will only contact candidates who meet the criteria for the role and with the Right to Work in Australia.