Our Client is currently looking for an Associate Buyer for a 1 year contract based in Chatham Ontario.
- Provide SAP (Materials Management (MM), Supplier Relationship Management (SRM) and Contract System (Ariba)) expertise and support to client base including database management/maintenance for materials and vendors, miscellaneous report preparation, and inventory strategy.
- Support Purchase Orders/Service Orders based on material or service requisitions, ensuring company policies are met.
- Provide support for warehouses, including Operations and Contractor warehouses for all material related activity (requests, transfers, receipts, relocation/disposal of surplus/obsolete material, inventory control expertise, quarantined material segregation and recalls).
- General procurement activity including policy interpretation/clarification, price comparison and analysis, department telephone support and administrative support as required.
- College/University/Bachelor’s degree in Business, Supply Chain, or 3+ years of experience.
- Advanced computer skills (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, SAP).
- Minimum 2 years’ experience with ERP systems (SAP preferred).
- Strong mathematical and analytical skills with attention to detail.
- 2 years of relevant experience in natural gas, oil & gas, or power industry.
- Negotiation skill