The Sr. Mechanical Engineer develops documents including calculations (i.e. stress analysis, pressure calculations, pipe supports, steel weight, etc.), equipment data sheets, project specific specifications, bills of material and design concepts and sketches. Reviews and approves drawings. Creates purchase requisitions and other documents to support proposals, purchase orders, and change orders. This position is located in San Dimas, CA.
- Develops design drawings of direct fired heaters, process furnaces and related components for refining and petrochemical industries.
- Design and checking of detailed drawings.
- Helps to meet the department goal of Consistently Good Engineering Packages by following and implementing the company policies and work procedures.
- Routinely meets or exceeds schedules and promise dates.
- Utilizes common industry practices, codes, specifications, and calculations to produce a quality product.
- Considers constructability, ergonomics, accessibility, and safety in all designs.
- Assist in the development of company engineering design procedures and standards.
- Gives professional input into the designs of the project.
- Checks and verifies engineering packages to customer requirements, prior to release for construction.
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering from an accredited college or university or equivalent.
- Proficient with Excel and Word
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks from multiple sources.
- Travel to site or fabrication shops is minimal but may be required. Possessing a valid passport/visa is a plus.