Job DescriptionThe Role
Our client, a global chemical company, requires and experienced Instrumentation and Control Systems Engineer to add further value within their Maintenance Engineering team, stationed at a top tier COMAH processing facility in Karratha, WA.
The Instrumentation and Control Systems Engineer is responsible for ensuring all electrical, instrument, automation equipment and systems are maintained SAFELY and efficiently; meeting statutory and regulatory requirements.
- Primary focus of the role regards to ensuring the availability and adequate performance of Automation (DCS, ESD, PLCs, VSDs, etc), field instrumentation (process valves, analysers, mass spectrometers, gas chromatographs; pressure, temperature, flow, level control transmitters & switches, etc) and power distribution systems
- Define the maintenance strategies required to E&I hardware and software and ensure these are embedded into the ERP system (SAP)
- Provide technical guidance to tradesmen in the maintenance of E&I hardware and software
- Support the coordination and planning of E&I equipment repairs/replacements in preparation to and during turnarounds
- Technically support and/or technically lead Capital projects and modifications required across process plants
- Preparation or examination of, drawings or specifications to determine work methods, sequence of activities.
- Ensure agreed Maintenance programs are being undertaken and competently completed
- Lead Management on Change processes related to the E&I function
- Participate on Risk Assessments, HAZOPs and HAZIDs as applicable and required
- Diagnosis of faults or breakdowns and prepare root cause failure analysis and recommendations to avoid recurrence
- Recommend repairs or component change outs as required.
- Availability to support plant needs out of normal work hours if required
- Bachelor Degree in Electrical, Instrumental or Electronics Engineering (Electrical & Electronics Engineer with Instrumentation experience or Instrumentation/Electronics Engineer with Electrical experience in process plants).
- Full Member of the Institute of Engineers, Australia (MIAust), Functional Safety Engineer certification (from e.g. TUV).Full Member of the Institute of Engineers, Australia (MIAust)
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a similar industry (Petrochemical, Gas Processing or Oil Refining) as a Rotating Equipment Engineer;
- Strong SAP skills are a distinct advantage
- Intermediate/Advanced MS Office suite experience
- Fluent English
- Circa 130k - 150k base depending on skills and experience
- Superannuation 11%
- Karratha Allowance $30,000 p/a
- Company Housing
- Full Relocation to Karratha