Job DescriptionOne of our Oil & Gas EPC clients is currently recruiting for a Telecoms Engineer at either Senior or Principal level to join their team in Perth for an initial duration of 12 months.
Roles and responsibilities include:
- Create/update specifications
- Carry out calculations and studies
- Develop architecture and overall design
- Under direction is responsible for the execution of a significant piece of engineering work. When necessary, supervises more junior engineers within the same area of responsibility
- Must be familiar with relevant codes, client Design Specifications and procedures, and have a thorough working knowledge of the latest design and analytical techniques.
- Degree in a relevant engineering discipline (B.Sc/ M.Sc/ B.Eng) and eligible for membership of an internationally accepted applicable professional Institute. e.g. IET, Engineers Australia
- 10 years minimum experience in the Oil & Gas Industry, at least 7 years in a design role within the electrical engineering discipline
- Capable of communicating and interfacing effectively with other engineering disciplines, project managers, and clients’ representatives
- Background in telecommunications engineering and design is essential, having had previous experience in microwave and corresponding network infrastructure design and previous experience in managing telecommunication service providers
- Good communication skills are essential in managing the complexity of various telecommunications vendors as well as client-based stakeholders of the network design and the IT interface
- Knowledge of the latest telecommunications technology specifications is essential.
- Demonstrate balance of industrial experience at relevant level and position
- Professional demeanour, interpersonal and team working skills are mandatory requirements to be assessed for team fit
- Able to demonstrate team working skills
- Enthusiastic, conscientious and keen to learn with a flexible can-do attitude
- Mobile and willing to spend time away from office location as and when operation requires.