Job DescriptionProject Engineer - Enfield - Permanent Position
An international chemical company are going through considerabe growth due to their cutting-edge technology to develop advanced materials. They are looking for a Project Engineer with a background in chemical engineering to develop early front end engineering of capital projects in the Efficient Natural Resources Sector and to assist their delivery through to final handover and operation.
The role will be responsible for ensuring a cost effective and executable project scope, with associated cost estimate, schedule, resourcing plan etc across two locations.
- Develop a credible, cost effective and executable project scope, with associated cost estimate, schedule, contracting strategy, milestones, resourcing and execution plan
- Provide support to projects in the portfolio that may be at later stages of development, as required
- Manage stakeholders at site, sector and corporate levels to ensure effective communications and support from required staff, suppliers and executives
- Ensure project compliance with JM Group EHS Policy, site, local and national regulatory standards.
- Develop and maintain longer term positive relationships with Sector staff at all levels at the two locations.
- Pro-actively use the risk management process and tools to ensure that project risks are identified comprehensively and mitigated appropriatel
- Coordinate regular reporting from external and internal project team members to ensure consistency and the right management information to enable timely interventions when required
- Suitable similar level experience as a Project Manager, Project Engineer, Project Controls Engineer or in a process or discipline engineering role at an operating location in the process industry (chemical, oil & gas, mining & metals or pharmaceuticals)
- Ability to shape a project scope, execution and contracting strategy for all phases of a capital project and communicate them effectivel
- Experience in managing contracts and administering them affectively, especially with Engineering, Procurement and Construction (EPC) contractors and sub-contractors and vendors
- Experience of designing or operating flammable or toxic hazard processes
- Excellent problem solving skills and assessing technical risk
- Knowledge of engineering standards and best practices
- High level understanding of deliverables and interfaces between engineering, contracts and procurement, construction and commissioning
- A track record of leading technical teams, including contractors and suppliers
- Ability to operate creatively and effectively at the project initiation stage (where the scope is not fully defined) and steer the technical work programme and decision making process
- Ability to gain the trust and co-operation of busy operations and maintenance staff at various locations and extract key information to enable the rapid development of a cost effective and executable capital project scope
- Strong self-sufficiency, personal initiative, and a problem-solving mentality combined with good interpersonal skills
- Sound understanding and experience of implementation of bodies of knowledge such as the APM, PMI or Prince2
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, planning and time management
- Strong health and safety awareness