Job DescriptionNES Global Talent is a leading global technical recruitment company providing professional contract and permanent staff to a diverse world-wide client base within the oil & gas Industry. Our client, a large Oil and Gas Operator, is seeking a Risk Based Integrity Engineer in Calgary, AB. This will be a 12 month contract role starting ASAP with strong possibility of extension or conversion to staff.
The shift will be 5 days on/ 2 days off (Mon-Fri) 8 hours per day, regular day hours with some travel required.
The individuals MUST be local to the Calgary area as no LOA or camp is available.
- Support the implementation and sustainment of the RBIM Program for prioritizing maintenance and inspection activities that meets or exceeds provincial and federal regulatory requirements
- Support Business Units to optimize existing asset reliability by providing technical and RBIM program management leadership
- Support RBIM Program sustainment activities including risk assessments and inspection planning
- Assist in the continuous improvement of the RBIM Program, procedures and processes
- Provide corporate governance and oversight for RBIM implementations and sustainment
- Participate in industry networks to ensure industry recommended integrity and reliability practices are explored and considered for adoption in the RBIM Program
Must Have Skills:
- Degree in Materials or Mechanical Engineering
- Eligible for Professional Engineering membership with APEGA or equivalent provincial
- Minimum of 10 years working in the inspection, maintenance, troubleshooting and repair of pressure equipment, piping, tanks, and fired heaters.
- Minimum of 5 years working in the field of Risk Based Integrity Management
- Minimum of 10 years working experience in the areas of inspection/reliability, risk assessments and risk-based inspections, condition assessment, root cause analysis, failure investigation, corrosion control and mitigation for oil and gas operators or petrochemical industries
- Working knowledge of API Recommended Practice API 510, API 570, API 571, API 580, API 581, API 650, API 653, and API 579.
- Working knowledge of ABSA documents AB-505 and AB-506
- Travel will be required occasionally
Nice To Have Skills:
- Project Management Professional designation
- Minimum of 5 years working in the field of fitness of service assessments for pressure equipment, piping and tanks.
- Knowledge of materials of construction, selection, limitation, use and welding problems associated with different materials.
- Thorough knowledge of Risk based inspection tools, Lloyd’s Register Capstone – RBMI software