Job DescriptionNES Global Talent is a leading global technical recruitment company providing professional contract and permanent staff to a diverse world-wide client base within the oil & gas Industry. Our client, a well-known operator company, is currently seeking a Project Operator in Redwater, AB. The shift will either be 5 days on/ 2 days off or 10 days on 4 days off. All candidates must be local or find own accommodations in the area. 6 month Contract to start.
- Ensure a high standard of safety of all construction and Project Activities from initial construction phase to commissioning / startup phase. Safe work permitting and regular work scope meetings will all be part of establishing a healthy working relationship with the Project CMT and plant personnel.
- Support HAZOP, LOPA, design/drawing reviews, weekly progress meetings and project safety meetings at the discretion of the Project Operations Coordinator.
- Managing all field activities, LOTO’s and tie-ins to adhere to Safe Work practices and to also have minimal effects on the live facilities to minimize down time. May need to work with other departments on site to coordinate and take advantage of planned shutdown and maintenance activities.
- Working in conjunction with the current project operations personal in an effective and healthy team environment and to also keep everyone accountable of all Pembina Standards.
- Understanding work schedules are dynamic in projects due to unforeseen circumstances and operations will be required to accommodate. Being prepared, available and ready for those tasks are critical to the project’s success.
- Nightshift coverage may be needed from time to time to accommodate construction milestone tie ins.
- Take accountability as the job owners. This means to take immediate and decisive control of any unplanned activities or problems. We must make the plan / stick to the plan and be comfortable in stopping work if the situation changes and reassess.
- Understanding of Project Design, Objectives and Execution plan. It is our responsibility to become the operations SME of the project we are assigned to, so that we can build a safe and efficient start-up plan. It will be up to the team for seamless turnover to the Main Operations group. All LOTO’s, Procedures and training materials need to be complete ahead of project turnover.
- 3rd Class Power Engineer certificate
- 5+ years’ experience in Operations
- Experience with building LOTO’s, Procedures, Guidelines and any other materials that will help the project execution and handover process.
- Construction, Commissioning and Start-up experience would be considered an asset.
- Strong background with process to be able to troubleshoot process problems or carryout complex system isolations with minimal assistance.
- Strong organizational skills, analytical thinker that can think outside the box when situations change or don’t go as planned. As well someone who can remain calm when things don’t go as planned can stop, think, regroup and re-execute.