Job DescriptionOur client, a global leader in diversified mining and metals company and are eagerly seeking an experienced Specialist Production A&I to join their exciting team. This permanent role will be based in the Northern Territory and will offer you an excellent employment opportunity while enjoying a country lifestyle.
This Specialist Production A&I role will see you be part of the world's largest manganese mining and concentrating operations located in the Northern Territory, accounting for over 20% of the worlds' high-grade manganese ore production.
Required roster for this role is 4/3 from Cairns or Darwin. Relocation assistance may be applicable.
Specialist Production A&I role to be based in the Northern Territory. Reporting to the Senior Operations Engineer this role will provide specialist advice; execute analysis and benchmarking of the Production and operations function end-to-end performance. In addition you will:
- Develop and support the Operational A&I team in areas of safety, cost reduction and production improvement
- Develop and maintains the portfolio of operational improvement initiatives
- Works with the Production Execution sub-function to execute the portfolio of functional improvement initiatives.
- Lead investigations and analysis into equipment downtime and production loss events using techniques to identify root cause and contributing factors
- Develop strategies for equipment operation and analyse data to increase productivity increase
- Initiate engineering requests on behalf of the Operation function to improve equipment safety and utilisation
- Provide inputs into the yearly Operation budgets and analyse variance throughout the year
- Provide expertise to other sub-functions in analysis of performance indicators and metrics
- Provides feedback to the Planning function to improve future execution plans, designs, schedules and forecasts
- Updates operating standards, procedures, work instructions and control systems and ensures critical controls exist and are effective.
- Coordinates the allocation of resources including participation in project definition and delivery.
- Demonstrate knowledge of process improvement techniques such as Lean, Six Sigma and 5S methodologies
- Demonstrate knowledge of processes for data collection and analysis
- Tertiary qualification in a Mining Engineering Field
- Exposure to Business Improvement methodologies (Six Sigma, Lean etc.)
- 5yrs experience in a similar role within the mining industry
- Solid understanding of mining engineering and optimization of operating techniques and analysis
- Excellent analytical and investigative skills focusing on mobile equipment, operation, utilization and design parameters
- Proficiency in software such as MinVu, SAP, Downtime Data Analysis, Microsoft Office, SafeMine / CAS and Apollo RCA will be highly regarded
Benefits to this role
- Offered as full time FIFO role on an 4/3 roster from Cairns or Darwin
- Industry leading parental leave and family care policy
- Superannuation Matching contributions
- Education and career development
- Participation in the Employee Share Plan
- Competitive salaries