Job DescriptionNES Global Talent is currently recruiting for a Construction Manager Home Office – EMEA to support a large manufacturer in the South East of England. This role is to ensure the efficient and effective execution on site during the Construction phase of regional on-site projects, and to provide support during the Commissioning phase.
The successful candidate should have a Strong engineering background which can be used as a basis to build specific knowledge in the industrial gases market.
- Taking a lead role with Project and Procurement teams to ensure the best Construction Companies are contracted for on-site work
- Developing installation sequencing, schedule timings and resource requirements
- Project skills including Budgeting, Cost Management, Schedule Management, Admin and Organisation skills, Project Planning
- Sound knowledge and understanding of Construction and Construction norms in the EMEA regions
- Use of and familiarity with process and safety tools such as P&ID’s and HAZOPs.
- Understanding of typical design datasheet/drawings and familiar with General design/construction standards in Mechanical /E&I field
- Proven Construction Safety experience and knowledge, covering key area’s such as Lifting and Cranage, Working at heights and Fall Arrest, Confined Space entry, Hot Work, Oxygen cleaning and inspection, pneumatic pressure testing
- Change Management processes and implementation
- Project costing skills for evaluation and managing constructability
- Management or supervisory experience
- Construction control systems
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience, split between both Project Construction and Project Management positions
- A minimum of 2 years site construction experience in a site leadership role
- Familiarity with design drawings and ability to relate these to their application on site
- Construction Contracting experience / Contract Management.
- Experience of turnkey construction scope including installation of equipment and packages, interconnecting pipework and instrument / electrical cable, infrastructure/utilities scope, tie ins, pipeline networks.
- Experience in project definition stage constructability work
Construction Manager, Construction Management, Project Construction, Project Management, Turnkey, Engineering, Industrial Gases, Construction Safe, Contract Management