Job DescriptionThe Agile Data Engineer role is working in the Data Analytics team to build the Cloud Data Platform and to refine and deliver projects.
Business interactions and requirements gathering skills required:
- Ability to interact, communicate, present and influence with both business and technical teams;
- Be able to understand technical concepts and be able to present them in a simple form if required;
- Strong agile experience working with Kanban boards and well versed in Agile delivery. Including working experience of Epics, Features, User Stories and Tasks;
- Help the team and Product Owners in analysis of the business domain, building the product backlog and refinement;
- Utilising Visio to create process flows that describes how data interacts with business functions;
- Analytic-minded self-starter with an eye for detail and resourcefulness to create new innovative data solutions, services and reusable components.
Data Skills required:
- Data domain modelling to describe the business domain requirements;
- Data profiling skills to analyse datasets to design of enterprise data warehouse models;
- Experience with Enterprise Data Warehousing and consolidation of multiple disparate data sources;
- Advanced SQL (analytical functions) and query performance tuning skills;
- Data modelling skills, such as advanced SQL Server, SQL with Redshift, MySQL, Snowflake and Columnar Databases.