- complying with the applicable legislation and regulations regarding health and safety, the environment, the mining act;
and the procedures and regulations in the operations manual
- localizing errors and their causes, as informed by the input of technical colleagues/contractors offshore
- establishing whether or not colleagues from other specialties need to be called in
- evaluating the nature and scope of errors and determining whether immediate repair is necessary or possible
- having emergency repairs carried out
- writing up working schedules, material requirements, necessary third-party specialist assistance, etc., for works to be performed
- collating drawings, schedules and documentation; ascertaining which licenses are needed
- ordering materials and services via the purchasing department, within the set competencies for the job, or otherwise after obtaining supervisor’s approval; reserving materials from store
- preparing for, organizing and coordinating the legal inspections and technical works
- elaborating proposals on alternative solutions for performance of works
- guiding contractors and/or external specialists
- taking part in work meetings and discussing any discrepancies/anomalies
- flagging up any actual discrepancies in planning and activities or those likely to occur; making proposals to correct these
- providing support during problems and resolving them where they cannot be resolved by offshore staff
- keeping documentation and the stock of drawings and schedules up to date, and having them amended
- keeping the maintenance system current and generating the work orders
- carrying out invoice controls and asking for them to be signed off
- writing reports for the supervisor
- evaluating the state of repair from the data provided in inspection lists, and noting findings; initiating follow-ups
- analysing errors, including process disruptions
- making proposals to improve the maintenance schedule and technical installations
- there is a requirement to work cross functionally and interface with all geographical areas within the company
Dedication drive & commitment
Able to take on assignments and duties, show commitment and goodwill to achieve set goals, and seek alternatives. To strive for excellence. Being energetic, passionate and resilient, taking personal accountability for performance and delivering results.
Able to achieve consistent quality, detect problems and make adjustments within permitted norms. Able to anticipate problems and recognize hidden defects.
Order, tidiness and safety
Attentive and careful in complying with rules and regulations regarding order, tidiness and safety.
Ability to analyse multiple sources of data, make connections & create high quality solutions, prioritising the key issues & consequences
To work and communicate effectively with colleagues, partners and all other stakeholders. Respecting the knowledge and experience of others, sharing information and building effective relationships.
Carrying out routine tasks without help or guidance, organizing activities reasonably effectively.
To encourage & celebrate success, performance and diversity. Being approachable, assisting & developing others according to their needs.
Required qualifications and experience
- Intermediate vocational education in electrical, instrumentation, construction and/or mechanical engineering
- High school diploma, MBO3+ education preferred
- 1-3 Years of relevant mechanical experience
- Comfortable in a on-the-job training and coaching environment
- Solid stakeholder management skills
- Able to work under pressure of deadlines
- Service-oriented and problem-solving can do attitude
- Able to work both in a team and autonomously
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications, email, and web-based applications
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in both Dutch and English
- Offshore travels on occasional basis must be expected