Job DescriptionWe are working with an Oil & Gas operator who are on the lookout for a Maintenance Planner / Scheduler. The purpose of the scheduler is to develop a single consolidated maintenance work schedule that is aligned and agreed with offshore maintenance, production, services, logistics and materials management. The scheduler optimizes efficiency through bundling of work and resource loading of all available resources the asset has to execute the work.
This role works in a team of schedulers reporting to the Maintenance Planning Lead.
Schedulers work Monday – Friday.
• Significant experience working as a Maintenance Scheduler within the oil & gas industry, LNG experience preferred
• High level understanding of maintenance of oil & gas equipment, preferably LNG.
• Work effectively with team/work groups or those outside formal line of authority (eg. peers, other departments) to accomplish organisational goals
• In-depth, hands-on understanding and experience in the use of Primavera P6, Excel, SAP Plant Maintenance essential.
• Knowledge of SAP PS Project Systems module desirable. Knowledge of how to run major and minor projects alongside maintenance in SAP is desirable.
• Knowledge and expertise of scheduling practices, standards, systems and processes relevant to maintenance execution.
• Display a level of technical skills/knowledge in job related areas and keep abreast of current developments and trends in the area of expertise
21 Day Scheduler
• Weekly delivery of the maintenance frozen schedule (21 days) where jobs are bundled for efficient execution, plan is agreed with all stakeholders and all resources are fully load levelled. Use floating networks to cluster work.
• Work with Maintenance, Campaigns, turn around, minor and major project schedulers to formulate the plan drawing on maintenance execution resources as well as external vendors.
• Liaise with all resource owners on capacity forecast
• Optimize resources, perform capacity leveling and communicate the level of resource loading to each owner on a weekly basis
• Liaise with operations for changing priorities when plant condition deteriorates, necessitating the need to pull maintenance forward. Read the Offshore Shift report every morning to maintain situational awareness of activities and issues on board.
• Leads the WSR (Weekly Schedule Review) meeting where the schedule for next week is frozen
• Leads the YTT (Yesterday, Today, Tomorrow) meeting to identify early the activities which will roll into the next days or next weeks schedule (or need to be rescheduled in future)
• Leads the EAR (Execution Assurance Review) meeting with the execution Team Leads to propose the schedule for the coming 3-6 weeks.
• Leads the RDR (Resource Demand Review) meeting to resolve over demand on shared resources, SIMOPS and schedule constraints with the OMC/Onshore Production Team Lead and the Project and Ops Schedulers.
• Maintains a 100% capacity load for the coming 2 weeks
• Maintains a semi frozen second and third week where activities can only break-in with the required priority.
• Communicates closely with the work preparers responsible for setting work to EXEC to ensure there is sufficient work to build a schedule.
• Communicates the frozen week plan to all key stakeholders, including service providers (YTT 3 days, WSR 21 days)
• Identifies when work order (in EXEC status) can not meet LAFD, informs the Onshore Work Preparer who will raise the deviation
• Releases hold flags on work orders to signal to materials to move the materials from DOSB (Darwin onshore supply base) with sufficient time to make the schedule.
- Identify the reasons for not meeting the daily and weekly schedule. Suggest and drive actions to improve
- Reviews PB7 report on MIE sustainability and advises the team on actions to remedy non-compliance KEY INTERFACES
- Maintenance, Production, Services Coordinators, Team Leads.
- Work preparers
- IAP Integrated Activity Planner
- Discipline Support Engineers
- CP: Materials
- Logistics MEETINGS
- Facilitate YTT (Yesterday, Today, Tomorrow) meeting daily
- Facilitate EAR (Execution Assurance Review) meeting weekly
- Facilitate WSR (Weekly Schedule Review) meeting (21 day look ahead) weekly
- Facilitate RDR (Resource Demand Review) meeting in P6 to resource load demand from all planning inputs. DIMENSIONS
- 1 FLNG Floating LNG vessel with 1 LNG train
- 60 Technicians dedicated to Maintenance, working 12 hour shift, 7 days per week.
- 700-1000 work orders executed per month.
- 200,000 functional locations in SAP CMMS
- 20,000 PM (preventative maintenance) maintenance plans THE JOB TITLE needs to be changed to: FAP (Functional Activity Plan) Scheduler - 21 Day Scheduler.