Job DescriptionMechanical Engineer – Chemicals – South Manchester - £45K / 55K
A globally renowned chemical manufacturing company have a new opening for a Mechanical Engineer to join their Engineering function. The role will support all site mechanical engineering efforts and drive improvements in the maintenance process, whilst improving performance and controlling costs.
With an upcoming shutdown our client are looking for a degree qualified Mechanical Engineer to provide technical support and expertise for site maintenance, projects and inspections. The ideal candidate will have experience performing RCFA on critical equipment and will be able to support in the establishment of predictive and preventative maintenance strategies.
Based on their top tier COMAH site you will join a profitable company with a global reach, the role will be demanding but is rewarded generously, and has clear scope for progression going forward.
- Degree qualified Mechanical Engineer with at least an Honours
- At least 5 years’ experience in Maintenance and Engineering
- Chartered Engineer or working towards Chartership
- Understanding and usage of SAP or a similar system to control project costs
- Experience in a process related environment
- The candidate will ideally have experience working under COMAH regulations.
- Competitive salary
- Good pension contributions
- Bonus scheme