- Leads the safety effort to ensure all excavation work in and around pipelines is performed as per established procedures to protect the health, safety and well being of personnel's involved in the work.
- Provides onsite coordination of the work activities, including but not limited to: facility construction, pipeline construction, and location & road construction, in an assigned geographical area.
- Has knowledge and experience in underground line locating and mapping of underground utilities.
- Ensures pipeline maps are maintained and are readily available.
- Ensures the implementation of safety & environmental procedures and in compliance with regulations and policies.
- Ensures work is performed in compliance with company's safety policies/procedures as well as all applicable environmental and regulatory requirements.
- Coordinates with Projects, Engineering, Operations, Planning and Scheduling, and vendors to achieve established objectives and minimizes interruptions to operations.
- Completes all required documentation and reporting activities.
- Typically 7-10 years of experience.
- Requires a strong understanding of discipline.
- Able to apply knowledge and experience to complex problems and develop recommendations.
- Makes decisions within broad parameters