Job DescriptionOur client is currently seeking a Project Specialist for a 1 year contract position in Calgary Alberta.
- On behalf of the Area Leads, organize the development, management, and close out of the annual maintenance budget for assigned Operating Areas.
- Track and report on a regular basis the annual maintenance capital portfolio project planning and execution status and key metrics (projects execution, schedule, monthly and quarterly cost forecasts, etc.)
- Meet with the PMs on a regular basis to ensure monthly project prioritizations are done correctly and projects cash flow forecast is accurate.
- Continuously ensure the portfolios remain populated with the right projects for execution
- Manage key portfolio performance indicators.
- Implement controls to monitor spending and execute mitigation actions as required.
- Ensure the Maintenance Projects teams are adhering to the Capital Program and Project Management Program processes and procedures.
- Coordinate with Maintenance Projects departmental managers and Supply Chain manager to ensure the proper resourcing of projects in the portfolios.
- Act as a single point of communication and interface with all relevant stakeholders
- Lead stakeholders to determine opportunities for cost reductions and drive optimization in existing infrastructure, while strictly adhering to the Operating Areas risk mitigation strategies.
- University Degree in Engineering
- Professional Engineering (example: P.Eng.) or Project Management Professional (PMP) designation
- 5 years’ experience in sustaining projects, maintenance projects or industrial operations
- 10 years’ experience in progressive management of industrial projects
- Valid Driver’s license