ESSENTIAL :- Client looking for a graduate for this role or 2+ years of experience testing Web / Scientific applications. Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Engineering Discipline with IT or software engineering experience. Ability to systematically problem solve, debug & optimize & automate routine tasks. Experience in some scientific domain
Software Engineer in Test Role & Responsibilities:
- Work with end users, product analysts, & developers to understand features & technical implementations.
- Influence the architecture to be focused on test automation.
- Continuously improve & simplify QA processes together with developers.
- Design, implement, document, & maintain test automation programs for large-scale systems.
- Create software tools used to perform build verification & regression tests.
- Design & automate test cases, write test plans, & develop supporting test tools.
- Conduct regular regression tests on a periodic basis to ensure performance levels of production systems.
Software Engineer in Test Essential skills:
- Experience of working in an agile environment
- Experience with software architecture, coding or scripting languages.
- Experience in some scientific domain
- Able to collaborate with different teams across the programme to promote a quality culture
- Challenge decisions where necessary in a positive way
- Design of test strategies & test automation techniques
- Able to understand, modify & maintain different levels of automation test pyramid
- Experience of using or developing open source test tools & test frameworks
- Ability to spike & recommend test tools depending on various project requirements
- Experience of testing complex applications
- Experience in testing of non-functionals e.g. performance, security
- Experience in practices like pair programming, Test Driven Development (TDD), Behaviour-Driven Development (BDD), Continuous Integration (CI), Continuous Delivery (CD)
- Demonstrate an external test community footprint through conferences & blog post.
- Familiarity with build management systems such as TeamCity or VSTS build, & administering continuous integration build systems such as Azure DevOps.
- Familiarity with Google Cloud Platform, Kubernetes, Docker, Azure DevOps
- Familiarity with Git source control, pull request creation & pull request review
- Strong attention to detail
- Follow through, prioritization, planning, & estimating in agile environments.
- Strong communication skills.