Job DescriptionJob Title: Sr. Pipeline Process Safety Engineer
NES Global Talent is a leading global technical recruitment company providing professional contract and permanent staff to a diverse world-wide client base within the Oil, Gas and Chemicals Industry. Our client, a Fortune 100 refining company, is seeking a Sr. Pipeline Process Safety Engineer for a permanent position to be based in Texas.
Supports corporate and site-level DOT compliance programs, policies, practices and procedures.
- Promotes a positive safety and compliance culture
- Serves as primary DOT compliance contact within domestic operations, including timely and accurate permitting, inspection, testing, reporting and recordkeeping.
- Provides guidance and regulatory interpretations to ensure compliance with applicable DOT PHMSA and relevant state pipeline safety regulations.
- Provides subject-matter expertise and technical support.
- Develops, implements and manages a process for reviewing and documenting compliance with applicable DOT PHMSA and relevant state pipeline safety regulatory requirements.
- Supports the investigation and communication of near misses, releases, and other relevant incidents that occur under the jurisdiction of DOT or delegated state or local program.
- Routinely audits pipeline safety performance, providing feedback, and working with local management to develop and implement corrective actions.
- Interfaces routinely with Integrity Engineering, Project Engineering, GIS, Control Room, SCADA, Operations, Technical Training, and other stakeholders on DOT compliance.
- Bachelor’s degree (or higher degree) in Engineering degree required.
- 5-15 years of experience providing support in Midstream Operations or similar industry required.
- Experience with DOT PHMSA and relevant state pipeline safety procedures
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 50% of the time required.