Job DescriptionOur client, a global leader in diversified mining and metals company and are eagerly seeking an experienced Instrumentation & Controls Engineer to join their exciting team. This role will be based in the Northern Territory and will offer you an excellent permanent employment opportunity.
This Instrumentation & Controls Engineer role will see you be part of the world's largest manganese mining and concentrating operations located in the Northern Territory, accounting for over 20% of the worlds' high-grade manganese ore production.
Required FIFO roster for this role is 4/3 from Cairns or Darwin. Relocation assistance will be provided where required.
Provides engineering, application and highly technical advice, manages external suppliers, plan and executes tasks to support deployed technologies, technology services, or transition of new or enhanced technology services with focus on operational and engineering applications. In addition you will:
- Identifies and implements technology Service Delivery Execution improvement initiatives in collaboration with Technology and Business teams.
- Provides technical advice when required, supervises execution in complying with operating standards, procedures and work instructions for technology applications
- Supports the transition of new or enhanced technology services.
- Builds cross-functional relationships with the Operational sub-functions to support the effective execution of service delivery.
- Integrate Process Control Systems that enable continuous and efficient operations of processes
- Development and maintaining policies and procedures on the implementation and management of process technologies
- Test PLC computer programs against given specifications
- Build interfaces between different PLC Control Systems, Instrumentation, SCADA, HMI, MES, Historian
- Management of contractors and third parties in implementing and support of technology systems through support agreements
- Identifies and implements process and technology improvement initiatives in collaboration with Technology and Business teams.
- Management of contractors and third parties in implementing and support of control technology systems through support agreements
- Degree in Computer Science, Instrumentation & Control Systems, Electrical Engineering, Mechatronics Engineering, Telecommunications Engineering, Process control, Process engineering, Applied science
- Experience in industrial or Mining environments
- Microsoft MCSE Qualifications
- ITIL Certification
- Downtime Accounting Software solutions
- VMWare or equivalent virtual infrastructure tools
- Computer and process control systems engineering experience on the following programs
- Microsoft SQL databases
- Schneider Citect SCADA
- Siemens S5 and S7
- Laboratory LIMS
- Visual Studio Suite
Benefits to this role
- Offered as full time FIFO position on a 4/3 roster from Cairns or Darwin
- Relocation assistance provided where required
- Superannuation Matching contributions
- Education and career development
- Participation in the Employee Share Plan
- Competitive salaries plus FIFO allowance