A key member of the project's leadership team, reporting directly to the Business Manager. The role is to ensure that the project obtains the services needed to achieve project goals related to cost, schedule and project management controls. Leads efforts to ensure the project is executed in accordance with QGPMS expectations. During Execution phase this role will liase directly with the Project Manager on all Business related matters
- Leads and directs the work of the PMT’s Business Group.
- Responsible for stewarding the implementation of QGPMS and the objectives within his Functional Group and the corresponding EPC Contractor’s Team.
- Monitors Contractor’s performance in areas of cost, schedule control and procurement and provide advice as necessary to make certain Company’s and the Project’s objectives are achieved.
- Provides advice on cost and schedule impact of changes, modifications or alternates by keeping abreast of engineering, procurement and construction activities.
- Arranges for the preparation of bid invitations and manages the respective Bid Evaluations.
- Prepares all required data for management reports.
- Performs PMT office administration duties and coordinates PMT matters with Qatargas and Shareholders Organizations.
- Reviews and endorses EPC Contractor’s invoices and change orders submitted for approval.
- Provides training to Qatargas staff on business related functions.
- Provides support to the Project Manager on Contract Administration issues/matters.
- Acts for the Project Manager or Business Manager when required during absence(s).Ensure the effective implementation of the Project Safety Management System, while providing continuous communication, coordination and advice to the Project Manager and Project Leadership Team on safety issues.
- Support and encourage team SHE & S activities and requirements.
- Provide direction and work effectively in a complex multinational and multi-cultural environment
- Develop effective working relationships with contracts, PMT and operating companies
Tertiary qualifications and/or professional registration in a relevant business, science or engineering discipline.
Knowledge and/or Experience
- Preferred Bachelor of Business Management degree or equivalent experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Good supervisory skills
- Minimum of fifteen (15) years broad experience in all project phases i.e. engineering, procurement and construction.
- Recommended Minimum of five (5) years as a Business Manager, supervising teams.
- Worldwide experience with Contractors and Vendors, in particular those involved in the construction of offshore facilities.
- Technical and Business Skills
- A high level of proficiency in written and spoken English
- Computer literacy involving the regular use of professional office applications and some technical applications