As part of a large multi-million euro investment project, a leading manufacturer of chemical products has identified the need to recruit an experienced Lead Civil/Structural Engineer to join the owners project engineering team. This is a highly technical position within the projects group and will require extensive industry experience.
Based in Belgium, this is a demanding but exciting opportunity to join a forward thinking business. The role holder will be a degree qualified Civil or Structural engineer, able to demonstrate industry experience working on mega projects in either Chemical, Refinery or similar onshore projects in Europe.
- Ensure client specifications are followed
- Control and steer design reviews
- Ensure latest proven technology is used in project design
- Responsible for engineering specifications based on new developments in the market and in line with international standards and local legislation
- Support the project process steps.
- Support and use the tools to be applied at different stages of the project.
- Participate in pre-inspection meetings, equipment and material inspection included inspection test plans during construction, pre-comm & commissioning.
- Develop CAPEX road map items with Procurement category team
- Can execute project audits, like constructability reviews, check compliance with deliverable according to the contract etc.
- Challenges the Engineering partners
- Contribute to joint ventures and alliances with technical expertise
Bachelors or Masters in Civil Engineering
- Civil engineering technical experience of working in chemical manufacturing facilities
- Strong knowledge of international standards in Europe
- Experience with Staad Pro and similar software
- Knowledge of soil tests, safety factors, consequence classes and other technical ability needed by a Civil/Structural engineer.
This is a 18-24 month contract as part of a major project team. You will be expected to be based full time in Belgium for the full duration of the project.