Job DescriptionPosition: Project Construction Planner
Position Type: Full-Time, Project Direct Hire
Location: Chicago, IL
NES Global Talent is a leading global technical recruitment company providing professional contract and permanent staff to a diverse world-wide client base within the Oil & Gas Industry. Our client, a growing EPC Client has a permanent opportunity for a Project Construction Planner to support a major Oil & Gas expansion project in the Chicago, IL area.
Our client is seeking a Construction Planner for the Chicago, IL area. This person will actively participate in interactive planning and construction LEAN planning sessions – ensuring that comprehensive schedules are developed using industry best practices and site benchmarking data.
Typical work activities include:
- Attend all relevant constructability and model reviews throughout FEED and detailed engineering to ensure that the most accurate and realistic construction plans and execution strategies are reflected within the Master Schedule.
- Ensure constant alignment between Construction LEAN plans and Integrated Primavera Master Project Schedules – working with Construction Managers, ensuring that Master Schedule is the source of all plans.
- Work to align scheduling across all construction projects, establishing the client’s construction planning best-practice from a project controls perspective and ensuring these practices and standards are being adhered to and achieved.
- Develop Construction Scheduling Templates utilizing historical benchmarking data and norms.
- Certify that Field Performance updates are being captured in the Project Schedules, and forecasts are in accordance with Field Estimates.
- Understand how to fully build and maintain an organized, integrated EPC schedule using CPM, resource loading, base-lining, coding, and cost accounts.
- Communicate the plan/schedule to all project team members on a consistent basis.
- Perform schedule analysis and report findings, including critical path(s), longest path and slippage analysis.
- Utilize critical path analysis and what-if scenarios to fully support the project team.
- Prepare reports on a consistent basis.
- Ensure all activity links are logic-driven and are aligned with project deliverables, Project Execution Plan (PEP), Contracting Strategy and Workface Planning.
- Integrate approved change orders in the schedule and analyze their impact on the project.
- Strong skills in MS Excel & MS Access for Data analysis and reporting purposes (Graphs &Data visualization, Pivot tables, etc.)
- Ability to read, understand, and communicate contract requirements including construction drawings and specifications and site HSSE Policies
- Minimum years of experience: 4 Years
- Education required: Bachelors Degree in Engineering, Construction Management, or 10+ years’ experience accepted in lieu of degree
- Microsoft Access, PowerBI, or Tableau experience preferred
- PMI, AACEI, CMAA, or CSI certifications preferred
Candidates must have authorization to work in the U.S. without ongoing visa or sponsorship
Relocation within the US is available