Position Type: Full-Time, Project Direct Hire
Location: Chicago, IL
NES Global Talent is a leading global technical recruitment company providing professional contract and permanent staff to a diverse world-wide client base within the Oil & Gas Industry. Our client, a growing EPC Client has a permanent opportunity for a Project Scheduler to support a major Oil & Gas expansion project in the Chicago, IL area.
Typical work activities include:
- Construction scheduling;
- Preparation of independent project schedules;
- Hands-on use of Primavera P6 and Schedule Analyzer software;
- Perform schedule analysis with respect to infrastructure or public transportation construction projects with minimum construction value of $25 Million.
- Review of contract drawings and specifications to evaluate construction related technical issues;
- Review of Contractor-submitted Baseline Schedules for conformance with contractual requirements and overall best scheduling practices;
- Review of schedule updates to evaluate progress of the work, determine acceptability of any schedule revisions, and evaluate critical path status and changes. Write detailed reports analyzing and evaluating these updates;
- Review Time Impact Analyses for conformance with contractual requirements, to be able to determine merit of the delay issues, and to evaluate appropriateness of how delay issues are inserted into the schedule. Write detailed reports analyzing and evaluating these Time Impact Analyses;
- Perform independent Time Impact Analyses, as needed.
- Strong writing and communication skills, with the ability to explain complex scheduling issues in a clear manner.
- A work history that represents increased levels of responsibility on a progressive basis is important.
- Must possess solid leadership, technical, organizational, and communication skills and have a proven track record.
- The successful candidate should have a minimum of 5 years of project controls experience with expertise in the discipline of construction project scheduling.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Architecture, Construction Management, or related field.
- Experience working on transit infrastructure projects including power and way renewal and facility renewal projects is preferred.
- Experience with Primavera P6 software.