Job DescriptionThis is an opportunity to work for the largest LNG producer in the world as a Commercial Analyst (Market Intelligence & Regulatory) as part of the Economic Evaluation and Business Excellence Department. As a Commercial Analyst you will perform market intelligence gathering and regulatory monitoring to ensure the efficient provision of relevant up to date intelligence on the LNG industry in support of Commercial & Shipping (C&S) objectives.
Key Job Accountabilities
1. Provide industry analysis and data according to the MI&R programme and runs prescribed sessions / surveys with recipients to ensure ongoing effectiveness of the programme.
2. Liaise between intelligence customers within C&S and the offshore intelligence gathering contractor to ensure studies and requests are progressed as required and support user needs from the company market information portal.
3. Supply preliminary research on assigned areas of relevant legislation in the companies export markets as required under the regulatory monitoring framework.
4. Operate C&S’s portfolio of market-information subscriptions by ongoing coordination with the users and close monitoring of the contracts to maximise company value of use and ensure no interruption of service.
5. Assist Portfolio and Commercial teams in the analysis of the LNG and other product pricing data feeds to ensure ongoing accuracy and reliability including proposals for mitigation in case of any changes by the providers.
6. Prepare all Supply / Procurement documentation required to facilitate efficient renewals of market-information subscriptions.
7. Support market discussion forums between market experts and select company commercial audiences through preliminary research and facilitation / documentation input.
8. Perform the background research and information collation for input into external speeches and presentations for the Department, C&S Management and Senior Management.
9. Conduct assigned controls tasks under the EEBE or C&S Controls Calendars.
• Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Business, Economics or other.
• 5 years professional experience in an analytical or marketing role in the hydrocarbon industry.
• Good understanding of all aspects of LNG economic analysis, controls systems, financial reporting and project management.
• Excellent written and spoken English with the ability to develop and present formal presentations to internal, external and senior audiences.
• High levels of computer proficiency in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
• Economic modelling, gas and LNG market fundamentals.
• Understanding of contracting and developing agreements.