Our client, a major international Mining operator have an opportunity for a Lead Business Evaluation Advisor to work on a permanent staff basis in Vancouver, BC.
- Undertakes high quality, new business opportunity evaluations to support companies acquisition led growth ambitions. Focus area of expertise being Mining and Processing.
- Working with Corporate Development to prioritize opportunities and for selected projects progress opportunity through stage gated valuation process
- Initially this role is to conduct opportunity evaluations across areas of mining, processing, marketing and logistics.
- Ensure that appropriate measures and risks are reflected in the economic analysis.
- For more advanced projects this role will lead specific technical studies, engaging and managing external consultants as required.
- In support of evaluations maintain a database of relevant cost and performance benchmarks
- Lead and or participate in due diligence reviews in support of acquisitions & divestments
- Support commercial negotiations through expert technical advice on valuation risks and opportunities
- Bachelor’s degree in a science/engineering discipline, preferably mining or metallurgical engineering
- Preferred varied international working experience in multiple styles of mining, locations and commodities
- Preferred post graduate studies or industrial experience in a commercial discipline
- Preferred experience as technical consultant for undertaking Due Diligence and Project Studies
- Knowledge of a wide range of commodities, mining, processing, marketing routes
or W: (778) 800-1370