Location: Houston, TX
Rate: $70-$85 per hour
Under broad direction, this position is responsible for all phases of planning and execution on a medium-sized (typically less than $100 million total installed cost) project or may be responsible for a segment of a larger project. Plans, organizes, coordinates and controls projects in accordance with the established policies, procedures, systems, and requirements approved by the company. Has responsibility for day to day contact and communication with the client and focuses on meeting contract requirements. Possesses knowledge of the respective industry including Petrochemicals, Refining, Chemicals, LNG, etc. ranging in scope from pre-FEED, FEED to EPC. Supervises personnel assigned to the project. Job role has budgetary responsibility.
The projects may have multiple plant sites in North America. Scope of work includes small, in-plant maintenance and upgrade type projects typically with a TIC of $2 MM USD or less. Candidate will be responsible or co-responsible for the following:
- Coordinate all phases of project execution with site team leaders resident at site. This will include oversight of estimate preparations in accordance with the prime contract, ensuring that the site team leaders are aligned with client’s work process, addressing any staffing/personnel issues, and planning/scheduling oversight of the backlog at each site.
- Oversight of disciplines and support staff (e.g. scheduling, estimating, and cost).
- Prepare engineering weekly reports and provide engineering input into the monthly report
- Some travel is required to sites as required for coordination
- Attend weekly client meetings
- B.S. in Engineering
- 5+ years of experience as a Project Manager or Project Engineer
- Working knowledge of all phases of project execution
- Experience in brownfield, revamp environment with focus on chemicals and petrochemicals industry