Job DescriptionMechanical Maintenance Engineer/Fitter
£22,000 - £28,000
Carry out day to day maintenance activities on the Billingham site as part of a multi-skilled maintenance team. Reporting to the Maintenance Manager and working closely with the maintenance planning team, the individual will perform routine planned works and respond to breakdowns within cGMP assets and all support facilities.
1. Ensure that maintenance work complies with statutory and local Engineering standards and requirements, using own knowledge and the support of other engineers.
2. Perform fault diagnosis, maintenance and servicing work safely and efficiently in accordance with manufacturers' instructions. Read and extract information from engineering drawings, specification diagrams and maintenance manuals.
3. Prepare the work area for maintenance of plant, systems or components. Reinstate the work area after completing the maintenance of plant, systems and components. Conduct safe and effective hand over of plant and equipment to others and accept and confirm responsibility for the control of plant and equipment within the work area isolation boundary.
4. Use site cGMP systems and the SAP system to ensure all maintenance documentation is completed and archived in accordance with site procedures.
5. Work within the on-demand system to respond flexibly to changing priorities. As part of the maintenance team, it is expected that support will be provided out of core hours, this includes the requirement to respond to emergency call outs where necessary.
6. Use the Engineering planning system, report progress and give accurate updates to engineering colleagues daily.
7. Ensure that contractors are inducted/supervised during service visits where necessary prior to accessing facilities.
8. Any other duties commensurate with the job grade.
Must have the ability to work un-supervised to exacting standards required within a cGMP environment.
Please apply ASAP for immediate consideration.