Our Client is currently seeking an Instrumentation and Controls Planner for a contract position until the end of the year (opportunity to extend beyond) near Nanticoke Ontario
- Liaise with customers, vendors, engineers, and other disciplines as required.
- Participate in HAZOP/ LOPA reviews and in other technical, constructability and quality reviews
- Assist in the Design, Review and Approval of Instrumentation related engineering deliverables, i.e. instrument indexes, installation details, location drawings, datasheets, wiring drawings, loop drawings, P&ID's, material requisitions, evaluation of alternatives and selection of instruments, calculations (control valve, flow elements, pressure safety valves), document control logs, bill of materials and instrument change approvals.
- Support project Acceptance Testing (AT) including: reviewing procedures, assigning resources, periodically attending AT, and adjust commissioning scope to integrate AT successes and deficiencies.
- Develop, track, and adjust commissioning execution schedule.
- 10+ years of closely related professional experience
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering or related engineering specialty, or equivalent professional experience
- Turnaround/Shutdown experience
- Experience in selection, application, and ISA data sheet specification of hardware including pressure/ temperature /level instruments, control valves, shutdown valves, and fire/gas detection
- Proficient in data collection and analysis with common database and software data analysis tools such as SAP, Analytics for Excel and Tableau
- P6 (Primavera) knowledge an asset - DCS/Triconex/PLC/Bentley
- Nevada/Compressor Controls knowledge would be an asset