Job DescriptionAs part of the Shipping Operations team for the largest producer of Natural Gas in the world the Contracts Specialist (PDH) - Shipping will provide advice and effective guidance to team members in developing, supporting and executing tenders for company business units.
• Ascertaining the complexities of critical and complex tender / contract documents and responds comprehensively and accurately to all the queries/clarifications.
• Analyze complex contractual Terms and Conditions, makes logical recommendations to Legal & Company Management as required, and takes suitable action with bidders/contractor in a way that Company’s financial and reputation interests and the objectives are achieved.
• Operates in commercial environment requiring high level of decision making within short time frame to meet internal and external stakeholder plans & schedule requirements.
• Provides advise on any post contract award issues /claims related correspondences with Contractor and pursue till resolution/ settlement of issues/claims.
Key Job Accountabilities
1. Develops tendering and contracting related plans and schedules and execute contracts in compliance to latest approved contracting policies & procedures in a professional, transparent, time bound and cost effective way.
2. Reviews all the documents received along with the Purchase Requisition including reasonable review of the scope of work document, seek any missing / additional information/documents as required for Tender purpose.
3. Assess various risks associated with tendering and contracting activities and provide appropriate mitigation solutions to prevent any potential impact on tender and contract delivery program.
4. Reviews scope of work and prepare commercial documentations to ensure accuracy and compliance with regulatory and local standards.
5. Effectively utilize specialised expertise in tendering and contracting process, ensuring that latest financial, technical, commercial, SHE standards and Supply Policies & Procedures are used in the Tender/Contract documents and ensure quality control of all tender and contract documents.
6. Prepares recommendation letters to LTC/STC committee for approval during various stages of tendering process.
7. Performs detailed commercial review to evaluate any potential risks to the Company, conduct contract cost analysis, explores ways of cost avoidance / enhance commercial benefits and monitor savings to support Company cost initiatives.
8. Works as focal point throughout the Tender to Contract award process.
9. Conduct, monitor and support initiatives for systems and processes improvement, efficiency and to enhance organisational performance.
10. Takes lead role in arranging pre-bid clarification meetings, Site visits, addressing technical, contractual and commercial queries, issuing addendum's as required.
• Bachelor degree in Engineering, Science, Management discipline or other relevant degree.
• 8 years’ experience in a contracts management environment within the oil and gas industry. Specific experience in ship charter, ship building, ship slot and other shipping related contracts.
• Good knowledge of Contract laws and industry practices.
• Technical knowledge in reviewing and preparing technical Contracts.
• Proficient in written and Spoken English.
• Computer Literacy (MS Office) including working knowledge of business software programs, networking and SAP.
• Strong analytical and negotiation skills.