Ship Contracts Specialist
|Job Title:||Ship Contracts Specialist|
|Contact Name:||Vanessa Weedall|
|Job Published:||May 23, 2019 17:04|
Key Job Accountabilities
1. Coordinate the procurement of Marine Fuel for the fleet and ensure its delivery in line with the Bunker Procurement Procedure. When required or assigned, serve as the primary point of contact for all Marine Fuel deliveries on a 24/7 basis.
2. Produce Letters of Indemnity (LOI) in line with the company's LOI Procedure for all company vessels, secure their approval and issue. When required or assigned, serve as the primary point of contact for all LOI matters on a 24/7 basis.
3. Maintain approved port agents and ensure they are promptly and efficiently nominated so LNG ships efficiently transit ports & canals.
4. Complete all tasks related to company obligations and compliance monitoring under applicable shipping related contracts and any subsequent negotiations or amendments. Ensure that delivery / re-delivery notices, end-of-contract reconciliations, time charter performance warranty clauses, insurance verification, off-hire administration, bunker procurement terms, CWO terms and any other contracts under management of Shipping are properly managed and improvements sought.
5. Develop and ensure the approval and proper execution of Shipping-related Purchase Requisitions (PRs) and Contract Work Orders (CWOs) in line with the procurement process and TOFA.
6. Produce and distribute critical financial reports, including the Fleet Pooling reconciliation in accordance with the Fleet Pooling Agreement and associated procedure.
7. Examine draft Time Charter Party (TCP) Agreements, Sales & Purchase Agreements (SPAs), Master SPAs (MSPAs), Memorandums and Confirmation Notices (CNs) to ensure that all Shipping related information has been properly reviewed in line with existing procedures as well as any prevailing operational and business requirements.
8. Improve shipping related projects, contracts and service agreements by examining them for improvement opportunities.
9. Maintain all documentation related to applicable responsibilities on SharePoint ensuring that information is up-to-date and available for easy access by managers and others in the Shipping Department.
10. Develop guidelines and reliable processes in line with company standards and controls. Ensure adherence to existing procedures. Identify opportunities for improvement to internal process & procedures and lead the necessary changes through implementation. Train and develop staff to perform their role in line with existing procedures and maximize competencies of their continued growth.
• Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or shipping related discipline.
• 8 years of experience in shipping related field with strong understanding of shipping contracts, terminology and fundamentals.
• Prior sailing experience and experience in contract performance reviews and claims settlement.
• Experience in chartering vessels, voyage and term LNG carriers.
•Excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
• Ability to analyse and manage complex contracts.
• Excellent analytical skills with a focus on Excel.
• Computer Literacy (MS Office).
• Self-motivated and ability to work well in a dynamic environment, under time pressures with little supervision.
• Able to maintain independence and objectivity.
• Able to lead and influence with tact and persuasion.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's