Job DescriptionRationale have partnered with NES Global Talent to recruit a Business Manager to lead their nationally focused business based in their Arrowtown office.
Rationale is an award-winning independent advisory company that supports government and business leaders in making great investment and infrastructure decisions. Using smart analysis, collaboration, innovation and vision they come up with the right solutions in addressing big problems and challenges. Check out their awesome website to find out more – www.rationale.co.nz
With offices in Arrowtown and Wellington, this is a role of key strategic importance in the next phase of their growth.
You can have the best of both worlds by leading a nationally focused advisory business while taking advantage of Rationale’s flexible working ethos to live the life that you want to live! Rationale staff all thrive on a challenge and are encouraged to follow their passions outside of work – they regularly take advantage of the ability to head intot he great outdoors. Rationale’s ethos has always been about striking a good balance between hard work and play, and they are proud of this innovative approach.
This Business Manager role exists to lead and manage Rationale’s business holistically including the following responsibilities:
- People Management – providing staff with the vision, guidance, coaching, mentoring and accountability to drive engagement and productivity.
- Conscious management of the company culture – Leading by example by driving a culture of collaboration, innovation, problem-solving, positivity, fun and adventure.
- Programme Management – On going management of Rationale’s project pipeline and resources to effectively align staff focus and performance in terms of output and efficiency to maximise financial gain.
- Relationship Management – managing internal (staff) and external (business partners and clients) relationships to ensure expectations are effectively managed, strong engagement is maintained and work is delivered on time.
- Business Development – having your ‘finger on the pulse’ and awareness of current affairs within Rationale’s core sectors, along with the skills to be able to win business and create commercial success from market intelligence.
- Financial Management – having the ability to analyse and use financial figures and metrics to make intelligent business decisions.
- Delivery of chargeable work – there is an expectation that atleast 50% of the Business Manager’s time will be spent on winning and delivery of chargeable work for clients
Your focus on working ‘on the business’ is expected to take Rationale to the next level hence there will be significant rewards for you this role in the short and long term.
Having been established for 19 years, Rationale has traditionally attracted innovative, adventurous and passionate professionals.
We are seeking a Business Manager with similar traits, as well as:
- An entrepreneurial mind
- Someone who is agile and decisive in their working style
- Relationship focused and human in how they do business
- Thrives on a challenge
- Can have fun with the team
As we know, great ideas start interesting conversations so if this opportunity has sparked some interest in you, call Wayne McDonald for a confidential conversation to find out more on 021 220 8992 otherwise apply now to be considered.