CRISPR and its applications are starting to enter new heights through strong collaborations in the scientific community. My client, a dynamic and growing Biotech company in Cambridge is currently seeking the expertise of a Senior Molecular Biologist (CRISPR Screening) to further advance their drug discovery programmes through front line R&D. The Company is actively building an exciting portfolio of unique projects and has the ambitious aim to quickly translate these discoveries into the clinic.
The appointment will be at the scientist or senior scientist level depending on experience.
Senior Molecular Biologist (CRISPR Screening) Key Responsibilities:
- Proven track record of delivering excellent quality research in a multidiscipline environment
- Cancer cell biology techniques, particularly proliferation and viability assays
- Gene editing and genome wide screening of cell lines using CRISPR-cas9 with either pooled or arrayed techniques
- Identifying cell populations using FACS and flow cytometry to conduct further research and screen for druggable targets.
- Collaborating with company partners and vendors, being a central point of call for your projects.
- Contribute to the company's biological data portfolio and use innovative thinking to analyse results achieved
- Senior Molecular Biologist (CRISPR Screening) Key Requirements:
- Ph.D. in a life science subject or equivalent experience ideally in an industrial setting
- Excellent technical skills in cell and molecular biology, in particular with CRISPR
- Enthusiasm and commitment to achieve within tight deadlines
- Knowledge of cancer drug discovery is desirable
- Ability to work independently in an organised fashion
- Excellent communication, team working and presentation skills
If you possess the necessary requirements, please call Charles on 01619427163.