Job Type: Regular, Full-Time
Reports to: President
Location: Houston, TX
NES Global Talent is a leading global technical recruitment company providing professional contract and permanent staff to a diverse world-wide client base within the Oil & Gas Industry. Our client, a growing Manufacturing Company, has a Direct Hire opportunity for a VP Operations to be based in Houston, TX.
The Vice President of Operations is accountable for the safe and profitable operation of all Operations Business Units ensuring standards for safety, production, quality, maintenance, security, facility up keep, environmental protection, regulatory compliance, continuous improvement and customer service are met. Through participation in strategy planning, the Vice President plays an important role in establishing direction for the group, while at the same time setting goals and objectives for plant operations, maintenance, engineering, construction, capital projects, safety and environmental compliance, science and capital improvements. The incumbent is responsible for meeting these goals through the best utilization of personnel, equipment, and capital.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
Demonstrate a consistent commitment to excellence in human safety, insurance, and hazard management to safeguard human life and health as well as physical property and the environment.
- Determine, plan, and implement organizational structure and workforce plans necessary to meet Group and Company objectives for efficiency and profitability. Select, train, and develop a competent and dedicated staff and organize, direct, and lead them as a team to achieve Group, and Company objectives.
- Manage the following Business Units:
- REAP (Repairs) – Onsite and shop repairs of turbine components
- REM (Manufacturing) – Manufacturing of turbine blading and hardware
- RGEN (Generator) – Onsite and shop repairs of turbine generators
- ROC (OCIC Field Services) – Open Clean Inspect and Close Field Services
- Collaborate with senior management in the development, implementation, and refinement of a group strategic plan. Establish a framework for annual planning in the operations area that includes annual budgeting, capital, and manpower plans.
- Maintain an understanding of the key variables that generate return. Track key performance indicators (KPI), familiarize group personnel with them, and ensure that the team is working for the same objectives.
- Reviews and analyzes performances against metrics to determine effectiveness.
- Ensure that all operational activities are carried out in a manner that effectively balances safety, health, and environmental concerns, and regulatory compliance with productivity and profitability.
- Develop annual operations budgets, as well as major and minor capital budget plans.
- Meet annual financial and qualitative performance objectives, established with the President.
- Seek out continuous improvement opportunities providing input and recommendations. Lead continuous improvement and systems refinement efforts in all relevant operational areas including, but not limited to, interdivisional and inter-group communication and decision making, production scheduling, operations training, housekeeping, maintenance, cost control, and inventory management.
- Ensure that customer service activities meet prescribed standards of excellence. Collaborate with other functional departments as necessary to achieve this end.
- Maintains the work area and equipment in a clean, orderly condition and follows prescribed safety procedures.
- This position is responsible for adherence to all safety rules and regulations
- Utilize tools and technology provided in an effective and efficient manner
- Willing to attend on-going training to further professional development
- Ensure communication with customers, suppliers, vendors and co-workers are professional and appropriate.
- Must be willing to work all shifts, overtime weekends and work well with others
- Fit for duty in clean and presentable manner
- Able to travel within and outside of the continental US
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as required or requested
- Required Bachelor’s degree in engineering
- Required 5 years’ experience as Vice President
- Preferred 15 years’ power generation experience
- Demonstrated ability and proven experience growing operations of a business
- Preferred Steam Turbine knowledge
- Preferred Field Service, Shop Repairs, Manufacturing and Engineering experience Language
- Preferred experience in serving clients or working in Oil & Gas Chemicals or Petrochemicals sector
- Ability to read, write and speak in a manner that is sufficient for effective communication with groups of managers, clients, customers, vendors and the public Skills and Abilities –
- Must be customer service oriented and have excellent hospitality and guest relations skills
- Ability to lead the workforce
This is an excellent opportunity to become part of a growing Manufacturing Company with plans of expansion into the O&G industry. The successful applicant will receive a competitive compensation package as well as short-term and long-term incentives, comprehensive benefits, medical coverage, paid holidays, and more. For further information regarding this role or to discuss other opportunities contact Mishu Ullah.