Job DescriptionNES Global Talent has partnered with international Oil and Gas majors to source the top talent available in the Australian and International market. We pride ourselves on our commitment to candidates and our relationships with industry leaders. This ensures the best possible fit for long-term success.
Currently Queensland’s Oil and Gas industry is in an exciting growth phase with 2019 set to be an excellent time for skilled workers to join and re-join the sector. As such we are now seeking an experienced technical Assistant – Mapping & Data Systems to fulfil a long-term contract position in Brisbane.
The main purpose of the Technical Assistant is to act as an individual contributor, assisting in the activities of the Development Planning and Hydrocarbon Maturation Team.
Responsibilities include though are not limited to:
- Assist in the preparation and collation of key documents such as Field Development Plans, Reserves Reports, etc. Contributions range from document formatting, data manipulation and table/graph generation, GIS mapping, tracking, co-ordinating inputs from other asset teams.
2. Generation of maps using GIS datasets and software to support development plan reporting, reserves reporting, development project changes and delivery.
3. Support DP&HCM Team across range of technical and non-technical activities including managing activity plans, update of visual management board, managing stakeholder inputs and datasets, collation and co-ordinate of datasets for JV and external parties, project change and execution tracking, co-ordination and collation of presentation materials.
4. Develop and maintain the electronic data and filing systems of the team including Sharepoint site ownership in collaboration with IT, Data Management, and Information Management teams.
The Technical Assistant will work within the multi-functional development planning team working alongside development planners, production geologists and reservoir engineers assisting a team in delivering and managing a multi-billion dollar integrated gas asset.
Skills and Requirements include though are not limited to:
1. Tertiary Degree or Diploma in an engineering, earth science, spatial science or relevant industry experience.
2. A proven track record in delivering and supporting teams within the resources industry is highly desirable.
3. Experience with a range of technical software for example ArcGIS, Petrel, Spotfire, etc.
4. Experience in use and management of subsurface datasets.
5. Experience with the generation and management of technical documents and reports.
6. Ability to work within and collaborate across Development, Commercial, Data Management, GIS, Tenures, Production, Concept engineering and other asset entities.
7. The position requires incumbents to fully appreciate diversity and to have excellent people management skills; will operate in a fluid environment and will need to rely on drive, personal experience and judgment.
8. Problem solving skills and track record of being solution driven.
Along with this your professionalism and leadership qualities will enable effective communication with the team ensuring cohesion and commitment to organizational processes and safe work practices.
In return for your commitment you will be offered excellent day rate commencing for 12 month contract term along with the opportunity to establish yourself with an international expert.
Should your skills and ability fulfil the above please ‘Apply Now’.