Individuals WILL need to be local to the area as no relocation/LOA is provided.
Process Engineers are expected to identify plant vulnerabilities, frame business opportunities, resolve process issues in a timely manner, and work effectively as a team with area coordinators, environment, maintenance, and engineering personnel.
- Monitor and develop the day-to-day operating targets and specifications of the Plant responsible units identifying and communicating any deviations and corrective actions required.
- Identify and communicate unit performance capabilities through mass and energy balances, process simulations, performance test runs, catalyst evaluations, and vendor/specialist consultations.
- Participate/Lead in multidisciplinary plant wide and corporate initiatives related to reliability, safety and the corporate standards and procedures of the Operational Integrity Management System
- Participate in process hazard assessments for responsible units that are initiated by the management of change process, engineering work requests, MOCs and unit PHA revalidations.
- Involved in planned and un-planned outages including troubleshooting, shutdown support, initial/final process equipment inspections, found work, and startup support.
- Participate in responsible units Root Cause Analysis and incident investigations utilizing Sologic and other investigation methodologies.
- Provide process engineering support to evaluate, generate and identify feasibility of Engineering Work Requests (EWR) based on personnel safety, process safety, process reliability, unit efficiency, and profitability.
- Communication and development of process Key Performance Indicators (KPI's) for responsible units.
- Work effectively with the Operations Area Coordinators to make continuous improvements to plant safety, reliability and efficiency.
- Complies with all HS&E requirements in the performance of this Position's responsibilities
Must Have Qualifications:
- Minimum 2 years Plant Operator Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemical Engineering
- Professional designation recognized by APEGS as P.Eng or Engineer in Training
- Proficient MS Office abilities, particularly with MS Word and Excel
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Experience with HYSYS refining simulation software or equivalent