Job Description• The Cost Engineering (CE) Analyst will provide project controls and
reporting for a project portfolio, for multiple Project Managers to enable
predictive and disciplined cost management.
• Supports the funding process, preparation for investment decision and
• Track project performance using earned value management and make
project plan adjustments where needed. Tracks change log
• Interfaces with scheduling and procurement to ensure all critical items
are reflected in cost report to aid decision making.
• Supports business planning activities including, regular updates to
forecasts, accruals and cashflow management.
• Create, track and manage Service Order Requests, and invoice
• Participates in cost and schedule assurance, risk reviews,
benchmarking, and lookback activities as needed.
• Engages others to develop shared understanding of client needs,
problems, process improvement opportunities, or changes as needed.
• Supports the mentoring and training of suppliers who contribute to the
Cost Engineering process by serving as a first line of support to offer
guidance and assistance.
• Ability to interface with refineries, project managers, contractor and
• Monthly reporting duties, assisting the estimators within the team
• Forecasting future costs for the completion of projects
• Make sure the cost forecast is reflected properly
• 5+ years of cost engineering/project controls experience required
• Demonstrated experience with formal project management systems,
principles and associated processes, practices, or tools. Broad
knowledge of oil and gas industry and professional cost engineering
• Skilled in the use MS Excel is strongly required
• Strong written and verbal communication skills; able to work in a multifunctional
team and contractor environment; able to facilitate work
teams to provide cost and performance updates.
• Previous experience with home office engineering (front end loading /
front end engineering design / detailed design)
• High School Diploma or GED
• AACE International or PMI PMP certification is a plus, but not required
• Previous SharePoint experience
• Bachelor’s degree in Finance, construction management, business, or
engineering would be a plus.