Job DescriptionMajor client in Saudi Arabia is looking to hire a skilled Senior Electrical Technician to their Mechanical Service Shops Department.
A Senior Electrical Technician with experience and knowledge in performing high-level skilled diagnosis, repair, and rewinding of mechanical/electrical work. This will include troubleshooting, disassembly, reassembly, testing and equipment modification of DC motors and AC high voltage motors, generators, and transformers.The MSSD specializes in the overhaul and repair of rotating equipment, heat exchangers, and valves. Other mechanical services are also provided upon request. Even though MSSD has state-of-the art shops and facilities, it’s most valuable asset is the skilled and experienced workforce.
Duties and responsibilities
- Perform rewinding activities for motors stators rated from 1 hp to 3000 hp (random and formed coil).
- Capable of performing static tests for stator and rotor.
- Having experience of electrical motors dismantling, diagnosing, assembling and run test motor.
- Capable of rewinding synchronous rotors.
- Provide technical consultation to the Quality Assurance Unit, Shops Operating Repair Units, and In-Kingdom/Out-of-Kingdom Contractor Shops.
- Provide specialized engineering assistance to the repair units. This may be through the in-house MSSD engineering specialists, or from elsewhere in the organization.
- Provide technical input for purchasing specifications including technical proposal evaluation.
- Provide the technical liaison with Consulting Services Department (CSD), other Departments, and manufacturers.
- Liaise with in-house repair units, in-Kingdom contractors, out-of-Kingdom shops, and quality assurance units in evaluating, developing, and implementing unique shop scopes of work or repair methods
- Evaluate along with the Quality Assurance Unit and Contract Repair & Operation Unit new in-Kingdom and out-of-Kingdom contractor repair capabilities for qualifying to be included in MSSD selective bidders lists.
- Review shop repair return jobs in an attempt to reduce return jobs and assist in preventing recurrence, providing follow-up with the field organization and initiating changes, when required, to MSSD procedures.
- Provide MSSD with information on new technologies relating to shop repair work.
- Provide and control technical information.
- Provide annul recommendations and actions to prevent reoccurrence on MSSD return jobs.
- Provide mentoring sessions and technical knowledge transfer meetings to develop younger technicians.