Duties and Responsibilities
Candidates will be required to perform and demonstrate the following:
- Provide technical consultation to the Quality Assurance Unit, Shops Operating Repair Units and Contractor Shops
- Provide technical input for purchasing specifications including technical proposal evaluation
- Liaise with Consulting Services Department (CSD), other departments and manufacturers.
- Liaise with In-House Repair Units, Quality Assurance units, In-Kingdom Contractors and vendor & manufacturer in evaluation, developing and implementing shop work scopes
- Evaluate repair capabilities to qualify contractors to be included in MSSD Selective Bidders list
- Participate in trouble shooting the shop repair return jobs to enhance repair quality
- Introduce the latest technology in repair methodology
- Provide consultation in all aspects of normal and emergency plant maintenance procedures and standards
- Provide technical support to maintenance and machine shop daily operation
- Support installation, maintenance and repair of rotating equipment
- Troubleshoot, repair, modify existing equipment and Identify cost reductions & process improvements
- Provide coaching and knowledge sharing to Junior Engineers
- Participate in vendor and customer exchange meetings
- Participate in standards value engineering
- Incumbent should have 15 Years of experience in rotating equipment mechanical repair services or an engineering degree with at least 7 years in the same field.
- Experience in manufacturing with mechanical rotating equipment facility such as, Flowserve, Sulzer, ITT gold, GE-Nuovo Pignone, Elliott, Dresser-Rand, Clarke, ABB, Siemens, WEG, Alstom, and Westinghouse for motor and generator (Preferably).
- Excellent English written and spoken