Job DescriptionMajor client's Mechanical Service Shops Department in Saudi Arabia is looking to hire experienced highly skilled Quality Assurance Inspector. Incumbent will be performing hands on diagnoses repair, troubleshooting, participate in overhauling activities of all types of rotating equipment with intensive experience and knowledge performing high-level skilled diagnosis, repair, and rewinding of mechanical/electrical work. This will include disassembly, reassembly, testing and equipment modification of DC motors and AC high voltage motors, generators, and transformers.
Duties and Responsibilities
Candidates will be required to perform and demonstrate the following:
- Provide technical consultation to the Quality Assurance Unit, Shops Operating Repair Units and Contractor Shops
- Provide technical input for purchasing specifications including technical proposal evaluation
- Liaise with Consulting Services Department (CSD), other departments and manufacturers.
- Liaise with In-House Repair Units, Quality Assurance units, In-Kingdom Contractors and vendor & manufacturer in evaluation, developing and implementing shop work scopes
- Evaluate repair capabilities to qualify contractors to be included in MSSD Selective Bidders list
- Participate in trouble shooting the shop repair return jobs to enhance repair quality
- Introduce the latest technology in repair methodology
- Provide consultation in all aspects of normal and emergency plant maintenance procedures and standards
- Provide technical support to maintenance and machine shop daily operation
- Support installation, maintenance and repair of rotating equipment
- Troubleshoot, repair, modify existing equipment and Identify cost reductions & process improvements
- Provide coaching and knowledge sharing to Junior Engineers
- Participate in vendor and customer exchange meetings
- Participate in standards value engineering
- Incumbent should have 15 Years of experience in rotating equipment mechanical repair services or an engineering degree with at least 7 years in the same field.
- Experience in manufacturing with mechanical rotating equipment facility such as, Flowserve, Sulzer, ITT gold, GE-Nuovo Pignone, Elliott, Dresser-Rand, Clarke, ABB, Siemens, WEG, Alstom, and Westinghouse for motor and generator (Preferably).
- Excellent English written and spoken