Next generation sequencing is fast becoming a valuable tool for genomic analysis and disease aetiology. My client, a leading IVD company in the Cambridge region is currently seeking the expertise of a Senior Research Scientist (NGS) to advance the development of their proprietary cancer diagnostic platform.
Senior Research Scientist (NGS) Key Requirements:
- Demonstrated experience in a wide range of molecular biology techniques including DNA extraction and manipulation.
- Experience in Next Generation Sequencing platforms and library preparation.
- Proven past experience in a fast-paced research-driven commercial environment or in collaboration with industry is essential.
- Demonstrable experience of innovation and development of cutting edge technologies.
- Prior experience in computational methods, bioinformatics and/or enzyme structure and function is highly advantageous.
- Demonstrable experience in delivery challenging projects as well as an understanding of IP and quality standards
- Innovative, collaborative and open personality with excellent communication skills.
- PhD in biochemistry, molecular biology, enzymology, genetics or similar is required with at least 3 years lab experience.
Please call Charles on 01619427163 for more information.