Job DescriptionNES Global Talent is a leading global technical recruitment company providing professional contract and permanent staff to a diverse world-wide client base within the oil & gas Industry. Our client is currently looking for an Environmental Coordinator in Edmonton, AB for a 6 month contract to start.
- Environmental planning, permitting, and environmental inspection coordination as it applies to project work.
- Accountable for the environmental planning process including the preparation of environmental assessments reports, public information sessions, the acquisition of permits, and cost estimating.
- Coordinate the government and public review of completed environmental assessments.
- Work with federal, provincial and local agencies to secured approvals and ensure environmental compliance of projects.
- Monitor compliance with environmental permits and conditions during construction and insure post construction environmental permit compliance.
- Provide necessary assistance to project managers and company construction staff to ensure project is environmentally sound and promote environmental stewardship.
- Establish viable working relationships with various government agencies and agency personnel.
- Manage environmental aspect of multiple projects simultaneously, including management of consultants and adherence to schedule and budget.
- Ensure valued membership of project teams by providing timely and accurate information to internal clients.
- A post-secondary degree or higher in an environmental or related field.
- At least 7 years of environmental experience in pipeline, industry, or upstream oil and gas sectors.
- Familiarity with environmental assessment methodologies and permitting.
- Familiarity with best management practices for environmental protection.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and to work with minimal supervision.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Computer skills using Microsoft Office products.
- Office environment with regular travel.