Job DescriptionData Scientist – Contract – Abingdon, Oxfordshire
Essential:- 2+ years of industry experience in predictive modelling and data analysis. Experience using Python and/or R in a commercial setting. Experience using statistical and machine learning libraries. Source code management tooling (e.g. Git). Experience of working in Agile development environment. Strong communication and data presentation skills. Master’s degree in Applied Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science or equivalent experience. A background in computer science is preferred for this role.
Data Scientist Job Summary:-
The Data Scientist will utilize a variety of data management analysis tools along with applied data analytics approaches to explore data and develop predictive models and tools to extract insight from data.
The role is for a Data Scientist to work on a number of complex and challenging Oilfield domain data projects covering Reservoir Simulation and Field Development Planning. The successful candidate will apply data science and machine learning approaches and tooling to automate the use of data to augment workflows in these domains, and to identify opportunities and insights from the raw data.
The candidate will also be expected to create and grow a strong data science proficiency in the technology centre, as well as work with other groups within the Group of companies to ensure consistency with application and use of data science solutions.
The Data Scientist must be able to understand conceptually a new problem described to them and to then successfully select and apply the optimum appropriate data science approach. This will also require the data scientist to own the definition and maturation of related requirements for the engineering projects and see them through to successful delivery and release to operations.
- Iteratively prototype and build data analysis pipelines and predictive models
- Design, develop and evaluate data science solutions for clients
- Find innovative ways to capture engineering knowledge and serve it at scale
- Contribute to internal data science and machine learning building blocks
- Embrace cross-functional team work by finding new ways through which machine learning, user experience and domain knowledge amplify each other
- Assist application telemetry design from an analytics point of view
- Data visualization for rapid stakeholder feedback and web-based application prototypes
Candidates must be eligible to work in the UK