Job DescriptionOur client, a global leader in diversified mining and Metals Company and are eagerly seeking an experienced Electrical Reliability Engineer to join their exciting team. This role will be based in the Northern Territory and will offer you an excellent employment opportunity.
This Electrical Reliability Engineer role will see you be part of the world's largest manganese mining and concentrating operations located in the Northern Territory, accounting for over 20% of the worlds' high-grade manganese ore production.
This role will be offered as full time FIFO position completing an 8/6 roster from either Cairns or Darwin.
Electrical Reliability Engineer role to be based in the Northern Territory. Reporting to the Senior Reliability Engineer this role will be responsible for identifying improvements in equipment reliability in alignment to the asset management standard. In addition you will:
- Works safely within the Employers Care Strategy including establishing and maintaining an interdependent safety culture within the team including the delivery of improvements in safety performance
- Complete field verifications of high risk tasks
- Actively pursue opportunities to reduce operating costs and increase productivity through the application of policies and procedures, business systems, human and financial resources.
- Review asset strategies and plans and align with the asset management standard
- Conducting analysis of equipment life cycles through monitoring reports, and integrity assessments
- Conduct Root Cause Failure Analysis on equipment downtime and component failures
- Implement improvements in alignment with the defect elimination process
- Providing technical direction to the team through the creation of operational standards and procedures
- Analyse and report on plant and equipment availability and utilization
- Collaborate with Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs) and build cross-functional relationships
- Provide technical expertise to the mechanical execution team to support work quality and safe execution of maintenance work
- Assist Senior Reliability Engineer with financial budgeting, forecasting, monitoring and reporting
- Actively participate in team engagement and collaboration sessions to ensure that the integration of ideas and activities can be optimised to drive sustainable value add to the organisation and operations;
- Compel others, including line management, to take accountability for the identification, assessment and management of business performance drivers;
- Build constructive relationships with internal functions and operational teams, fostering team competency and capability development. Collaborate, energise, develop and enable people within South32 to succeed;
- Ability to develop others and maintain key team competencies;
- Demonstrated ability to perform work duties safely.
- Tertiary qualification in Electrical Engineering;
- Extensive experience in mining, minerals processing or similar heavy industry environment;
- Solid understanding of reliability centred maintenance and the ability to develop preventative maintenance strategies;
- Excellent analytical and investigative skills focusing on fixed plant equipment;
- Experience with power generation;
- Experience with HV distribution systems, HV switching and risk management;
- Understanding of arc flash risk and safe operation and testing of electrical plant and equipment;
- Experience with PLC / SCADA control systems;
- Proficiency in software such as MMS, Downtime Data Analysis, Microsoft Office, Apollo RCA will be highly regarded;
- Permanent FIFO position completing a 8/6 roster from Cairns or Darwin
- Superannuation Matching Contributions
- 15% Incentive bonus scheme
- FIFO Allowance
- 26 Weeks paid and Career parental leave
- Education Development
- Employee Share Plan