Job DescriptionWe are working with a global Oil & Gas organisation based in Perth, Western Australia who are on the lookout for a Telecoms Project Manager. This will be an office based Mon-Fri contract role for 18+ months. The role will be a mixture of (Telecommunications) Project Management and hands on Oil & Gas engineering. We require a mix of both hands on technical engineering and management (not too far either way). This will be to work on a maintenance contract for a leading offshore O&G project.
- Manage all aspects of telecommunications department.
- Review of engineering & design deliverables and philosophies to ensure compliance with contract specification and responsible for technical/functional integrity
- Should be able to generate inputs required for telecom vendor to do his engineering
- Responsible for meeting telecom engineering deliverable schedules, man hour budgets for the project
- Participate in Design Reviews
- Co-ordination/interfacing with Projects, Procurement, other disciplines, fabrication, vendors and Customer, as required, during execution of the project.
- Provide inputs related telecom scope of work for Planning and forecasting, progress reports including associated productivity
- Should be able take up lead engineer role in a project and guide a team of Engineers & designer assigned to the project
- Vendor drawing review for telecom packages, providing inputs to Instrumentation group
- Providing engineering support during fabrication, pre-commissioning and commissioning phases of the project
- B.E/ M.E Degree in Electronics & Communication, Instrumentation or other relevant degree.
- Min 15 years experience and Should have strong knowledge in telecoms engineering
- Must have worked in the Oil and Gas sector (strong preference to regional experience)
- Offshore project experience.