Location: Kraków, Poland
Mission and Responsibilities
- Performs the design tasks within Mechanical discipline (Static / Proprietary Equipment) as one of several disciplines involved in designing plants for petrochemical or refinery industry. Size of the performed projects could extend from feasibility study to turnkey construction of large plants, which are built worldwide;
- Participates in projects execution including guide drawings preparation, inquiry preparation, bid comparison, review of vendors' workshop documentation, inspections and expediting;
- Verifies project documentation with respect to its completeness and accordance with standards, branch regulations and contract requirements;
- Participates in technical inspections by vendors (suppliers) of equipment in order to check the accordance with purchase order, prepares inspection protocol and accept equipment for shipping;
- Supervises the erection work;
- Participates in the development of branch know-how: standards, instructions, catalogues, computer applications;
- Prepares technical part of offers, such as technical evaluations, specifications of equipment, etc.
- Engineer reports directly to the Team Manager, Mechanical Equipment.
- This role is located in Krakow - Poland and might require business trips to other engineering centers; First 12-18 months - work in other center in German in order to obtain on the job training.
- Master’s degree in Mechanical Engineering,
- Minimum 5 years of experience in similar position - mechanical engineering office,
- Comprehensive professional experience in the above-mentioned field of an internationally oriented company, Codes ASME Sec VIII and/or AD 2000 and/or EN-13445,
- Knowledge of materials and their use in mechanical and plant engineering,
- Structured and independent way of working,
- Fluency in English,
- Very good CAD knowledge and 3D SolidWorks,
- Basic familiarity with thermodynamic related to heat exchange,
- Training as a welding engineer would be a plus,
- Multicultural attitude,
- Willingness to travel and to work for some time abroad,
- Team work ability, regularity and accurateness.
- Interesting, challenging position in an international company,
- Work in a multicultural team,
- Training and opportunities to develop,
- Possibility of changing position, department, gaining new knowledge and experience,
- Attractive compensation and benefits package,
- Possibility to purchase company shares on