The C&P Drilling Advisor will be based in the client’s corporate headquarters in Houston and reports directly to the Capital Project C&P Director.
This position is responsible for leading C&P activities for the tendering, award and execution of key contracts and purchase orders for the Drilling and Completions elements the LNG Project.
This is a key position that will require a high level of hands on contracts experience.
The successful candidate will have a minimum of fifteen (15) or more year’s relevant contracts and procurement experience within the oil and gas industry. Specific experience and expertise in the following is required:
- Experience in a lead C&P role for offshore drilling activities, including drafting and formulating contracts, for rigs, tangible items and drilling services.
- Experience in negotiating and managing tender process for large, multi-national scopes.
- Experience supporting Integrated Projects in an offshore development.
- Proven ability to manage contractors / suppliers to ensure value delivery to the Project. This includes managing contractual obligations of parties involved to ensure that all terms and conditions are met.
- Demonstrated track record of implementing strong governance systems within the Contracts and Procurement function.
- Ability to interact with stakeholders in a multifunctional team and able to accomplish directives in a high-pressure, deadline driven environment.
- Demonstrated ability to perform as a key member of a high performing work team in a multi-cultural environment.
- Ability to handle many complex issues concurrently.
- Strong presentation and negotiation skills.
- Proven ability to assess, prioritize and respond to urgent situations on a timely basis.
- Ability to pass Company physical, drug screening and background security check.
- Ability to work in the United States.
- Manage internal stakeholders and contractor / supplier relations to ensure service needs are met and act as liaison between all stakeholders participating in the contracting processes.
- Identify and measure project based risks, and develop strategies and negotiations for contractual issues that reduce such risks, involving Legal and other departments as appropriate.
- Ensure contractor compliance with the client policies, procedures and safety requirements.
- Ensure compliance with Company’s Contracting Policies and Procedures.
- Ensure compliance with Company Regulations, Company Code of Business Conduct and Anti-Corruption Laws, including the FCPA and Anti-Bribery Act.
- Ensure services and goods are contracted at competitive prices, while maintaining quality standards.
- Confirm compliance with current AMA1 Project guidelines and Mozambique laws as applicable to contract development
- Maintain auditable files; including electronic files within Project required systems.
Bachelor’s degree preferably in Business, Procurement, Engineering or related field is desirable.
Fluent oral and written knowledge of English is required.
This position requires a standard 40-hour/week work schedule. Occasional business travel including frequent trips during the drilling campaign as required.