Job DescriptionPosition: Project Manager
Job Type: Permanent, Full-Time
Location: Chicago, IL
NES Global Talent is a leading global technical recruitment company providing professional contract and permanent staff to a diverse world-wide client base within the Oil, Gas and Chemicals Industry. Our client, a Leading Global Chemical Manufacturer, is seeking a Project Manager to support a growing Technology Solutions Client to the Biofuels/ Ethanol industry for a permanent position to be based in Chicago, IL area.
Client is expanding its global activities and is looking for an intermediate experienced Project Manager to oversee the integration of the Client membrane solutions into existing biofuels production facilities. Reporting to the Project Director and working closely with the engineering teams, the successful candidate will coordinate the design, procurement, delivery and commissioning of the Client solution in a matrix organisation. The position will require a pragmatic person with high performance orientation and proven practical experience.
- Development and execute project plans;
- Develop, maintain, and track project budgets;
- Monitor project execution on-site as needed;
- Work collaboratively with staff and external customers at all levels to maximize teamwork;
- Work with a network of vendors, consultants, and contractors as part of the project-execution team;
- Assure that project execution meets and/or exceeding environmental and safety objectives
- Anticipate and effectively resolve personnel/equipment/delivery/schedule/budget problems as they arise
- Travel as needed to achieve project goals and deadlines
- Work outdoors in all weather conditions
- Other related duties as assigned
- 5 to 10 years of experience in Project Management experience is preferred.
- Leadership and delegation experience in a matrix organisation
- Experienced in the use of MS Project planning and resource management tools
- BS Engineering (Mechanical or Chemical preferred) with hands-on processing plant operation experience
- Familiar with technical specifications, codes and regulatory requirements.
- Ability to exercise judgment to compromise between project & economic requirements.
- Experience in ethanol production industry is an asset but not essential
- Experience in membrane technology is an asset but not essential
- Excellent English verbal and writing skills.
- Generating and evaluating alternatives before making decisions.
- A self-motivated, enthusiastic, high-energy individual with good self-awareness and self-management skills.
- Ability to multi-task efficiently and effectively.
- Ability to work for periods with limited or no supervision.
- Ability to effectively work in, and (help to) lead, teams of people in a virtual environment.
- Comfortable to make decisions under uncertainty, or with incomplete data.
- Ability to work under tight deadlines.
- Able to work in, and effectively make use of, a multicultural environment.
- Strong troubleshooting / Critical thinking skills.
- Cool, calm, confident demeanour even under pressure.