Job DescriptionNES Global Talent is currently recruiting for a Control Systems Engineer to join a site based team on a Chemical Manufacturing Facility in the Lancashire.
The organisation have a number of PLC and DCS modifications and site upgrade projects over the next 12 months and will require control system expertise to help deliver the projects. The successful candidate should have strong experience working with Emerson: DeltaV, Yokogawa and HIMA Controls systems.
Working as part of the Engineering team, the successful candidate will be responsible for providing electrical and instrumentation engineering support to CAPEX projects, involving the design, engineering, procurement and construction of new equipment and facilities.
- Deliver an Electrical design that incorporates the inherent safer design approach and are procured and installed to statutory and company standards
- Production of control and instrumentation design documentation- P&ID'S, Control philosophies, Instrument schedules and control system & communications block diagrams
- Inspect electrical installations and documentation provided by contractors
- Review electrical designs by design contractors and provide best practice advice
- Undertaking site surveys of existing installations.
- Provide problem solving support to technicians commissioning electrical installations
- Assist with cost estimating and planning
- Ability to read P&IDs, SLDs, Loop diagrams, scopes of works for subcontractors
- Experience of site construction to hand over to commissioning (quality audits and snagging)
- Liaise with all contractors and project management teams on site
- Degree (BEng or equivalent) in a Electrical/Instrument engineering discipline
- Familiar with control system interfacing (PLC, DCS, SCADA)
Control System Engineer, Controls Engineer, EC&I Project Engineer, Control and Instrument Engineer, Electrical Project Engineer, Control Systems Project Engineer, Chemical Manufacturing, COMAH, PLC, DCS, Emerson, Delta V, Yokagawa, HIMA