Job DescriptionNES Global Talent is a leading global technical recruitment company providing professional contract and permanent staff to a diverse world-wide client base within the oil & gas Industry. Our client, a major oil and gas pipeline company, is currently seeking a bWater/Chemical Treatment Technologistased in on a 12 month contract with possibility of extension, based in Lloydminster, AB.
Individuals MUST be local to Lloydminster as no LOA/relocation is provided.
This position will be responsible for supporting water/chemical treatment and corrosion management for SAGD facilities. This position provides support for the Sr Staff Corrosion to supporting the ongoing water treatment & corrosion challenges within Thermal.
- Provide analytical and operational support for Thermal SAGD facilities
- Review and evaluate existing corrosion mitigation strategies including chemical/water treatment programs
- Work closely with chemical service providers to take samples, review analytical data and ensure they are held accountable to managing their programs effectively
- Review and analyze various plant processes to identify water treatment and chemical treatment issues in the produced water, boiler feed water, steam generation and water re-use processes
- Participate in Management of Change reviews for changes to facility equipment processes or operational practices
- Diploma or degree in chemistry or other relevant discipline from an accredited institution or Diploma or degree in corrosion science or chemical engineering
- NACE International Chemical Treatment Specialist, or Internal Corrosion Technologist certification
- Licensed professional engineer in Alberta or Saskatchewan, or eligibility for registration in either province
- 5 years of experience working in upstream or downstream oil and gas facilities (Thermal/SAGD experience preferred)
- Working knowledge of internal & external corrosion mechanisms common to upstream oil & gas industry, their causes and corresponding corrosion management strategies
- Basic water lab analytical skills (titrations, spectrophotometry, ICP, XRD)
- Experience with and understanding of Thermal/SAGD recovery, including water treatment, once-through steam generation (OTSG) and oil & gas production
- Familiar with oil & gas facility design, operation and maintenance
- Strong, effective communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple competing priorities and tasks
- Strong working knowledge of desktop computing systems, including Microsoft Office
- Ability to develop and maintain strong working relationships with operations personnel
- Other relevant NACE or industry certification
- 5 years of experience in water treatment or corrosion mitigation through chemical treatment
- 5 years of experience performing corrosion evaluations and failure analysis for oil and gas facility equipment
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, able to set priorities
- Ability to exercise tact, discretion and sound judgement
- Strong communication